Sunday, May 21, 2006

Cool Whip rocks, end of story

Recently I've been a fan of Cool Whip... that delicious fluffy white whipped cream topping that comes in a container. We keep ours in the freezer so it stays longer... but once it's opened, it seems like it doesn't last very long. I've topped mango peices, crushed pineapple and coconut. I've even topped ice cream. I've mixed it in salads. It's like a guilty pleasure. Recently I made a Pistachio pudding salad. You gotta try it - it's got a great texture and taste, and is just heavenly.

Pistachio Salad

1 can (14 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 pkg (106 grams) instant pistachio pudding mix
1 500 ml container Cool Whip
1 cup plain yogurt

1. Put pineapple and juice in bowl.
2. Add dry pudding mix. Combine mixture with fork.
3. Stir in yogurt.
4. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
5. Chill for 2 to 3 hours.

I am going to be in Cool Whip withdrawl once I am storm chasing in the plains for 2 weeks!

1 comment: