Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Crispness

No that isn't a spelling error... it really is crisp outside, with a current wind chill reading of -18F (-28C). This weekend, southern Ontario was walloped by two snowstorms. One on Friday which brought about 8 inches of the white stuff, and one last night. I am not sure how much new snow fell last night because there was a lot of blowing and drifting snow. We do have a rather big snow drift on our front lawn. No, lawn is not the word... front arctic view might work better.

I was tempted to charge the camera batteries, but after watching the "snownado" out there, I chickened out and just sat on the couch inside the warm house. I am a big wimp when it comes to cold weather. I don't mind the snow and I must admit it looks rather pretty after a snowfall, but unfortunately the cold comes with it.

Sure, the latest snowbombs do not top the big snow dump we had last March (18 inches), but with these two storms combined, we gained a lot of new fresh snow, and another one coming on Christmas. It will depend on where the rain/snow line falls... Environment Canada is calling for either rain or snow. I hope it doesn't rain because that will make the new snow ugly looking and the rain will just turn into ice anyways.

Well I guess it could be worse... I could be living in the northern plains dealing with the arctic surge of extreme cold air. Yes... I am a big wimp.

In other news, if you're a member of SpotterChat.org, be sure to keep Sunday, Jan. 4th at 9pm Central open... Scott will be bringing in another big guest! More details coming soon. You can also read the chat transcript with Reed Timmer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment